Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Where's my Wifey?

Mary has taken the past two days off. Who is this woman and what did she do with my workaholic wife? I mean, the university is on spring break but she still never takes time off like this. I like it.

Cameron's school was closed Monday and yesterday. Mary was off to the coast for research on Monday so I was with the little man ALL day. My energetic *said jokingly* pregnant self was run ragged to say the least.

Yesterday, Mary and I took the little man to play therapy which went surprisingly well. Then we took him to see the Easter bunny. I had seriously low expectations. After all, last year we made two trips to the bunny and in his Santa picture he looked absolutely horrified. But he was very excited to see the bunny and took a great picture. Yay!

I was thinking of him last year and how BIG he is now. Last year, he was just learning to talk. He was into bunnies which he called "money". Every store we were in, he'd be yelling "money! money! money!" Oh what people must have thought.

I had mentioned to his play therapist that I was thinking of getting him a baby doll so he could get used to being gentle with a baby. He's pretty gentle and overall a sweet and loving boy but he is a boy and he is three so he could definitely use some education on how to treat a baby. She thought it was an awesome idea and even thought he could bring the baby doll to some sessions. So we purchased one yesterday. He seems to love "the baby" and of course gets a big kick out of me imitating a cry until he puts the pacifier in the baby's mouth.

Today we took advantage of daycare and dropped him off in the a.m. and went out to breakfast. We did some things around the house and rented a storage unit. This continues our plan of de-cluttering our house. We have a bit of a storage shortage in the house so we don't want that to be SO relevant when they see how much crap we have.

It's been a pretty good week...now if only we could get some better and WARMER weather here.

4 comments:

Happy said...

It is getting warmer...oh so slowly. I'm just excited that the daylight is lasting so much longer! Next I'll be able to wear my new sandals that I bought after the last IUI as retail therapy.

Candice said...

We've been all over the place as far as weather here. It's been anywhere from 0 to 40 and snow changes to rain and back to snow in an instant. Though I'm anti time change (more with the fall back), I'm definitely enjoying the fact that it's not dark at 4:30. Though the "routine" in our house has been flipped upside down.

Lannette said...

The weather has been all over the place here too. No small wonder though because we're not that far away from each other. I love snow but I'm definitely ready for spring.

It's still dark when I go to work but at least it's light when I leave for home at night.

Stacey said...

That's great about the baby doll. It sounds like he's going to be a good big brother.