Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy St. Patty's Day!

I am *very* Irish so I get very excited for St. Patty's Day. I mean, it's such a fun holiday, the only thing you have to do is wear green (or orange) and have a good time.







*Once he's legally ours, I will not be blocking out his face.* I'm not sure Camer is actually Irish but he does make a good adopted Leprechaun. Of course, I do suspect that he thinks the holiday has something to do with his favorite person "Nana Patty" (my mom).

Camer is obsessed with hats so when I saw another Irish hat, I just had to get it. He really wanted to wear his "big hat" to school today. I told Mary she should take it when she dropped him off since I suspect the "big hat" could cause some issues with the other little ones. Afterall, he was told not to bring anymore stuffed animals after he insisted on bringing his "big penguin" to school.

Of course, I keep telling Mary that I want our baby boy to have a good Irish name. As most of you know, since the baby is a boy Mary is in charge of choosing a name. Mary's all, well we can just name him Seamus like everyone else in your family. I noted that only my brother and nephew were named Seamus. To top it off, their middle names are Sean. Anywho, we will not be naming the baby Seamus.

Anywho, usually our St. Patty's Day is spent at a pub and usually with Mary's dad. He made a tradition of coming up to Boston for St. Patty's Day. Last year we even met him down there with the boys, but after three years her Floridian father finally came to the conclusion that it's just too cold in March.

Well, we won't be at any pubs this year. Oh but how I would like to be enjoying a Magner's Irish Cider tonight. Oh, Irish Cider. Whatever, I still just want a glass of red wine! Damn pregnancy. LOL. Instead, we're going to have a little celebration here. I am going to make an Irish feast - some sort of vegetarian Shepherd's pie. We'll see how this goes.

1 comment: