Friday, November 2, 2007

2ww is ALMOST over

Now, for the subject I've been trying to avoid - my two week wait. It is FINALLY nearing the end. I feel like the first week went by nicely, I think it usually does because during that time there's no inclination of being prego even if you are going to be. Does that make any sense? :-)

Implantation and a potential positive test happens in the 2nd week. And as you get to the end of the 2nd week, you know you're going to know and it may not be the result your hoping & praying for. This creates ANXIETY.

I don't feel overly confident. I had some random nausea earlier in the week which I was excited about. Yes, excited about being nauseous. LOL. But it only lasted a day so probably wasn't a prego symptom. Mary keeps telling me to have a more positive attitude but I don't want to set myself up for a huge letdown.

I feel like Mary has been way more into this cycle. For a while, I had been feeling like she was adopting 2 kids and I was trying to have a baby. Plus, she always has so much going on with work. But this cycle she's been getting very excited about having a baby, more like when we first started trying. And I had mentioned taking next cycle off if it didn't work this cycle and she said, "I don't think you should do that at all" I was surprised because I thought, at least for our budget, she'd be happy I was not going to try next month.

I've also been more relaxed with caffeine this time. I had read some medical articles last month and found an awesome website on caffeine amounts so I've been going with caffeine in moderation opposed to completely avoiding it. So I'm enjoying 1 cup of tea/day and the occasional soy chai. Though I've still been avoiding a high amount of soy. I had some feta cheese the other day and Mary was all, "your being so rebellious this time". LOL. I actually hadn't thought about the feta. In fact, the soft cheese thing seems so ridiculous. What do women in France do?

So my 2ww is ALMOST over. My ticker says 2 days to testing but it's more like 3 or 4. My period is due on Monday and will be late on Tuesday so on 1 of those days I'll be testing (or not). AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! It's going to be a high strung weekend.

4 comments:

Happy said...

I don't know HOW you can stand not checking! I know that I'll probably give in.

Candice said...

I try to think about the accuracy this far out. It probably wouldn't be pos at 11 dpo so why even get that diappointment now. I'm also just going to live in fairy tale land at least for another few days ;-) And I'm going with not having prego tests in the house so I'm not even tempted.

Happy said...

Good luck!!! Sending those good vibes your direction!!

Lannette said...

I'll be sending you good thoughts. I'm with Trace though, I'd be climbing walls.

Good point about it not being postive yet.

Hope it's a wonderful weekend in fairy tale land! ;o)