Friday, September 28, 2007

C2 is normal - is this the same kid?

C2 had his developmental wrap-up today since we retested him recently and he scored average to above average in all areas. The first time he tested he was ridiculously below average in ALL areas of development. So today I got to hear from professionals that I've done "an amazing job with C2".

The effects of environment are amazing. We really thought he had serious developmental problems but with some one on one care and activities to stimulate his brain, he is well within his age range after being nearly 12 months behind. It was also nice to see clear results that it was a good thing for me to sacrifice my life and give up my massage space to stay home with him for 6 months.

I complain about the kids A LOT. Coupled with their intensive schedule and C1s increasing list of psychological/behavioral problems, it's tough to look past all the negatives.

But I do definitely have a bond with C2. He is the cutest cuddly kid ever. He'll just randomly run up and hug you. He'll dance with me and look at clothing catalogs with me. We bought his Halloween costume today and he said, "it's a little bit cute". LOL. Where did he come up with that?

Anywho, after the developmental conclusion, we went to see Ratatouille. His first movie and he actually made it through the entire thing. I'm sure letting him eat half a bag of popcorn (Mary and I are the snack police so this is quite the rare thing) helped as bribery.

Oh, I do miss the days when he was home though don't get me wrong, I LOVE having preschool/daycare there so i can get some "me time".

No comments: