Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Random Bits

I had a prenatal appointment. This time I was meeting the OB of the practice. I usually see a midwife but I was supposed to meet the OB at some point in case she ends up delivering my baby. My appointment was scheduled for 4, it ended up happening at 5. I was pretty annoyed to wait an hour but it reminded me why I chose to go with a midwife instead of a doctor. She was nice though very intense and doctor like. She was taken a back when the baby kicked her. Hey, if you push on him, he's going to kick you. That's my crazy baby boy :-)

We start our hypnobirthing class in a few weeks and I'm pretty excited. Mary wanted to do a "normal" birthing class but I pulled weight since I'm the one that will actually be doing the laboring. Mary was also into having a regular OB and I wanted a midwife but now she LOVES the midwife. Though we joke that the midwife has a crush on her because she's always telling Mary how good she looks. It's in joking fun, the woman is straight and older *much*.

Luckily, nothing dramatic came out of Mary's conversation with the play therapist. She didn't think visits were needed for Cameron right now so just to lay low and reavulate when HB's family wanted to have them. I just really don't want to start visits, never mind close to the baby's birth and hopefully Mary will also agree with that.

In funny things. Mary was recently featured in local magazine for her research in the state. The picture they had her pose for was a riot. I mean, she looks like she's going to kill someone. Needless to say, we like to laugh about it. And I have way too much free time on my hands and like to do this and make wallpaper for our computer.

No comments: