Tuesday, April 8, 2008

the kid, the weather, and the animals

Cameron had play therapy today. She said he did really good and was playing nice with everything. It was an improvement since he’s definitely had some aggression recently. We went to the mall after to get his haircut and get some new shoes. Both things were a total process. He had a bribe to go on one of the “rides” at the mall after the haircut but it took me about 10 minutes to coax him into the chair. He was being shy and uncooperative. Luckily, the hairdresser was being nice about the situation but I thought I was going to have to leave. Then at the shoe store the worker was up my butt. Usually the “oh, we’re just browsing” gets them off my back but she wanted to measure Cameron’s foot and he wasn’t having it. I really didn’t care if he got it measured since I know his size so I just told her good luck. Anywho, we made it through without any major tantrums but it was still quite the annoying trip. Lately, anywhere I bring him with the exception of restaurants (I guess because he “love restaurants” and eating so much), he’s difficult. I’m sure it’s a combination of his age phase and me being hormonal and impatient but he drives me crazy!!! Everything is “no” and he’s so uncooperative. This too shall pass…at least I hope so!

In good news, the weather has immensely improved over the past few days. It’s even hit 50 – yes, I never thought I’d be jumping for joy over 50 but it feels like a heat wave here and with lots of sunshine, it’s been great. It’s amazing how the weather can have such an effect on my mood. I’ve even been able to open the windows in the house. The poor cats were thrilled. They are all indoor so when I opened the windows, they were like, “AIR!!” It has been a VERY long time since we could open windows and we’ve been able to play outside so Chloe has also been in her glory too. Yay!

1 comment:

Happy said...

I hear you! I cannot WAIT until the weather warms up!!