Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Hypnobirthing 101

We started our hypnobirthing class tonight. I love it! I'm definitely glad we went with it over the Lamaze method which my midwife jokingly referred to as the "epidural method" today. LOL. Anywho, the hypnobirthing teacher is also a doula and is a total riot. She's like Rosie O'Donnell as a doula and is totally unlike most of the people in this area. She has purpley spikey hair and I heart her. And even Mary (who really wanted to do a regular birthing class) seemed to enjoy it and mentioned that it fit us better. Another reason for choosing it, is I thought the other attendees would be more relaxed about having a lesbian couple in the class opposed to the regular birthing class.

I definitely have a lot of anxiety and fear even thinking about labor and this class is all about conquering that. And I love the entire theory around the hypnobirthing and how she was talking about everyone just being programmed into thinking labor is painful. I mean, have you ever heard someone not mention pain and labor in the same sentence?

Our friend T & P watched Cameron so that was also a good thing since we didn't have to shell out cash for a babysitter and he had a blast playing with Q. The class ran over in time and we were rushing out. The teacher mentioned doing another hypnosis exercise but we declined. Obviously, most people doing birthing classes don't already have a child. Oh well, I'm already excited for next week's class. I don't get out much :-)

No comments: