Sunday, June 1, 2008

Can You Say Chaos?

Friday I was left with a list. I don't like to be left with a list of things to do. I also had until 11 to get everything done as I had to be at Cameron's school for his graduation. As I was at the store getting prizes for his classmates (each graduation is a little celebration), Mary called to tell me that Cameron had bad poopies at school. Yes, I say poopies. Needless to say, we had to move up graduation time and I flew over to his school while shoving prizes in "loot bags". Just another day in the land of our chaotic family. Geesh.

Then Mary decided we were taking 2 cars down to Boston. We planned on 1 so that was what was packed up and I was looking forward to relaxing in the passenger seat. As part of my agreement to drive a car, I said I would want to drive alone (sans child). Though some how this deal was thrown out the window on the way back....at least 1/2 the way. Anywho, we needed to get to Boston by 4:30 in order to get the key to the house so yet again more chaos ensued. We were running around taking every thing off our walls to pack into the 2nd car.

We did manage to get to Boston in time and at least I had a nice sleep on Friday night for the first time in days. My dad watched Cameron on Saturday so that Mary and I could paint on our own. That was key as nothing could be done with Camer around. That night I met my friend M for dinner. We planned on our usual Cheesecake Factory. When I got there, it was packed and they told me an hour wait. Whatever, it's a Saturday night and it's at a mall so I figured we could chat and walk around a bit anyways. Well, some how we ended up waiting 2 hours. I'm not sure I should even advertise the fact that I waited 2 hours for CF but 1 hour turned into an 1.5 hours and then we felt like we had already invested so much time into this that what else were we going to do. We were prisoners of the Cheesecake Factory. LOL. Aside from nearly passing out from hunger, we did have fun and it was nice to catch up. Usually we have the children with us so you can't really talk....at least not actual adult talk. Of course our spouses didn't think we'd be out so late and Mary kept making fun that I had a "late night". I didn't get back to the hotel until nearly 11, the latest I've been out in 1.5 years. Oh, I'm getting old.

Today, Mary left the hotel early to finish up the painting. I was just going to deal with Cameron and checking out of our hotel since prego can only do so much painting. When we got to the house, Cameron was super excited to see his room painted blue. It was pretty cute. We hung out there for a while and walked to the nearby playground. We also got really excited to hear the ice cream man until we realized he wasn't on our street. We don't have an ice cream truck around here so I think Cameron was utterly confused about the potential of getting ice cream from some truck.

Mary finished up most of the painting (we need 1 more coat on baby's room) and we all went for lunch before heading back up to Maine. Now, I want to go home! I think I'm going to love the new place and neighborhood, it already feels like home. As much as I love our current house, the location has just never been right. Though I think I should start studying a map of the town or something. When I went out on Saturday for a snack and drink run, I found a place in about 2 minutes and then it took me 20 minutes to drive back to the house. One way streets can be very confusing. At one point, I thought of parking the car blocks away and just walking back to the house.

Oh well, here's some pics' of our "work". The living room isn't the color I had in mind but at least it's no longer "institutional white". Usually, I would do many samples of paint on the wall and not just pick a color and go but we wanted to get things done in a limited amount of time. We decided to do the same color for both Cameron and the baby's room...that color I really like.


Cam's Room


Living Room (a/k/a Piano Room)


Baby's Closet (and some of his many adorable outfits). I decided to bring all his stuff down though now I feel I may have jinxed myself and if he arrives early, I'll have nothing. Oopsies.

5 comments:

Lannette said...

The house looks beautiful and indeed very homelike. I can see why you'd want to be there. Congrats!

Lannette

Stacey said...

LOVE the colours. Your house is cozy. I can't wait to see pictures with everything moved into it. I love house stuff. :)

That's wonderful that the new home is feeling more like "home" than your current place. That will make the move much easier!

I hear ya on wanting to be the passenger. I don't really enjoy driving but love being a passenger when my wife drives. Thankfully she loves to drive.

Stacey said...

LOVE the colours. Your house is cozy. I can't wait to see pictures with everything moved into it. I love house stuff. :)

That's wonderful that the new home is feeling more like "home" than your current place. That will make the move much easier!

I hear ya on wanting to be the passenger. I don't really enjoy driving but love being a passenger when my wife drives. Thankfully she loves to drive.

Stacey said...

LOVE the colours. Your house is cozy. I can't wait to see pictures with everything moved into it. I love house stuff. :)

That's wonderful that the new home is feeling more like "home" than your current place. That will make the move much easier!

I hear ya on wanting to be the passenger. I don't really enjoy driving but love being a passenger when my wife drives. Thankfully she loves to drive.

Happy said...

It looks awesome! I love character houses.