Tuesday, July 8, 2008

He's a big boy now!

We received Cameron's birth certificate in the mail. It has his new name and lists us as the parents. We were pleasantly surprised since we were told it would take many months. And since the way everything went with the adoption process, we figured we would have to track it down at some point.

Mary was annoyed to be listed as the second mother (where basically they white out father and put mother). I told her it is because I have a maiden name. I thought it was exciting that we are both on the birth certificate to begin with. When we started fostering in Maine, gays were not allowed to adopt together but the law recently changed.

Anywho, it made me think of when my little muffin first came to us. I'm happy that he has over come evelopmental issues but I definitely miss my smiley mute non-confrontational boy. It is kind of funny because when we read books about adoption (where all the adopted kids come to live with their parents as babies), he thinks he was a baby since he slept in a crib and didn't talk.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh yay! That's exciting! Wow, look at that curly hair!! How old was he when he came to you guys?

Candice said...

I know, I loved those curls :-) He was 26 months but was our "baby" since he was so developmentally challenged.

Lannette said...

He looks so happy and secure Candice. He's so lucky to have two so very caring parents. You guys obviously provided him with exactly what he needed to thrive.
I love the curls too - totally adorable!