Friday, December 21, 2007

Birthday done...on to Christmas

Well, the birthday night is over. I must say I've never been so relieved to have a birthday done with. Between the issues with C1 and it being right near Christmas, it was a bit stressful.

It also started off bad since both boys had fallen asleep on the way home. I usually love when they fall asleep, then we just open the door to the garage so we can hear when they wake up. It's like Mary's come home with no kids which is GREAT. LOL. I was home just after her so she actually was able to help me bring in groceries and set up for pizza making.

However, C2 woke up in a terrible mood and didn't get better until we finally ate the pizza. But in the end, he was a happy birthday boy and thrilled with his presents.

Of course, C1 tried to make the night center around him and just kept asking what presents were for him and what would happen on his birthday. He is so funny like that. Luckily, my mom had sent him a prize in the package of stuff she sent for C2 so I got out of having to get him a prize.

I did feel a little bit bad for him. Afterall, we normally make the boys share the toys but because they were C2's bday presents, it was up to him to share. But then C1 just stocked C2 and wouldn't play with the million other toys that we have. We finally sent him to bed after about the 3rd time he punched C2.

Oh well, I'm off to finally finish the Christmas shopping. I think I just have stocking stuffers and I'll be DONE. It seems like a never ending ordeal this year. I also have to write a letter to C2 from Santa. C1 received one from school and he's obsessed with it. It's actually very cute, you have to read it to him every night and he gets so excited that Santa actually wrote him a letter. The school made it very personal too, we are not normally very impressed with his pre-school but this time we were.

No comments: