Thursday, December 20, 2007

3 years old Times 2

So we have two 3-yr olds in the house. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! C2 is 3 today. I almost feel sad in a mom sort of way that my lil' baby is no longer a baby. I mean, C2 is not a baby and he'll definitely let you know this. I still clearly remember one of the times he made this clarification. We were taking a walk and some lil' girl walked buy (who probably wasn't even a year older than him), she looked at him and said, "it's a baby". And he screamed, "I'm not a baby! I'm a big boy!". LOL.

But even at 26 months when he first came to us, he was basically a baby - a rather large one but still a baby. He didn't talk (at all), he could barely walk so crawled most of the time, and had a total baby face. And he's the one that for 6 months was home with me and basically at my side 24/7.

Well, I'll stop reminising. I must say that he is probably the perfect kid to have a birthday close to Christmas. I know we actually skipped an insem at one point when I saw that the baby would be born within a week of Christmas. Having a birthday near Christmas just seems to suck. However, C2 hates being the center of attention so it seems to be almost perfect for him. Maybe it will change as he gets older, who knows.

But anyway, we went to the "train restaurant" this morning for breakfast. Then I went home to make the cake. I'm not sure what I was thinking when I decided to make the cake. I'm not totally inept when it comes to baking but it just would've been a lot easier to buy a cake. I always do things like this and then regret them.

Mary and I have also had a disagreement about what to do with C1 on C2's birthday. Mary thought we should at least get C1 a small gift. I thought not. Afterall, it's C2's birthday and even if C1's jealous, he just needs to deal. Plus, Christmas is 5 days later so it's not like he has to wait a huge amount of time to get gifts of his own. As usual, C1 seems to be the thorn in my side and as usual, Mary and I disagree on what to do with him.

I thought it was enough that he got to go to breakfast too (we didn't just take the birthday boy), he'd get to join in on pizza making tonight which he loves to do, and he'd get cake - C1's favorite thing in the world.

And I'm not just being a jerk to C1. If it was his birthday, I wouldn't be running out to buy prizes for C2. It would be the same thing. Taken he's 3 and has an extreme jealousy towards C2 as it is, I just feel we shouldn't cater to it. He needs to deal with some things not being about him.

No comments: