Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey and SUGAR

Note to self: never attempt to brine a turkey. Other than that, everything went well and the turkey did turn out very good. It was my first turkey making experience so I was very nervous. And woh, making a Thanksgiving meal is a lot of work. Of course, it was the one day that Cam slept in (only 'til 8 but still, he's usually up at about 6) but I had planned on putting the turkey in at 6:30 a.m.

Once my dad arrived, I handed off the carving and I also wanted to enjoy my "Thanksgiving Mimosa" - champagne and apple cider. Yum. Mary was weary of the combo but is now obsessed. We ate early around 12:30 and then my dad and older brother stuck around for a while. Mary got to nap and I made the mistake of skipping Cam's nap. I felt bad since I know he loves seeing my fam.

Later, we went to my aunt's for dessert. It was also my cousin's birthday so we celebrated that and hung out with a bunch of extended family. The plan was to go to Lasallette. However, O.G. had plans of screaming bloody murder so we decided to head home. Cam had a minor flip out and then passed out. We put him to bed when we got home since it was already passed his bed time. He woke up screaming about 5 times. The first time he needed water and then it was basically just to drive us crazy.

I believe this was all because of the ridiculous amount of sweets he had. His method was basically to get different things from different people and once you go around extended family, it's all over because you're terrible parents if you don't let the kid eat whatever he wants. Needless to say, he won't be have sweets for quite some time.

Speaking of, I'm off to enjoy some pecan pie :-)



this is what happens when I have my dad take pics


Cam wouldn't participate


Cam and my lil' cousin Griffin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm totally intimidated by a whole turkey. I've only made a turkey breast. You guys look so cute in your pics. Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving!!

Candice said...

i was SO nervous cooking an entire turkey! it was easier than i thought though.

john said...

well, sounds like you had a great time, even with Cam having a couple of meltdowns. They get less as they get older though. but they never truly go away...lol. Happy to hear your turkey went over well, i wouldnt even attempt it. Thats why God created partners for...lol