Thursday, December 4, 2008

O.G. in da crib

We also put O.G. in his crib. Initially I planned on having him in our room (in his bassinet) for a few weeks. Then I had a baby and that all changed. I like having him near and since I have to get up so often in the night, it's just easier having him right there. Well, I wouldn't say I was exactly ready to put him in his own room in his crib but kind of. Mostly, I was sick of Mary b*tching about him being in our room.

Well, the first night went fine except for the fact that I decided to sleep on a blow up mattress in his room. His room also seems to be freezing. I'm not sure if it's his humidifier or what. He has wearable blanket things but he never seems warm enough. I also wish the bumpers weren't a potential SIDS risk. His new favorite thing is to put his pacifier through the slots of the crib. First, he finds this quite funny and laughs about it. Then the reality sets in that his pacifier is on the floor and he can't get it so he cries about it. He also likes to put his hands and feet through the openings which seems dangerous to me. Needless to say, I was up at 11:30 p.m., 1:30 p.m., and then at 5 a.m. I just put him in the bed with us. Interrupted sleep just doesn't work for me and seems to be a form of torture.

Mary is also VERY busy at work which just sucks for me. She's exhausted when she gets home and I need a second pair of hands. She wants to be done with work when she gets home but guess what? It's time to be a mom. I feel like at times we're finding some sort of balance and then it goes out the window. This week it seems to have gone out the window.

In other non-ranting news, O.G. continues to try food. Of course I initially thought I'd make my own baby food but where would I find the time for that. Instead, I try to buy organic stuff and make sure the ingredients are pure and not preservative crap. Last night he tried peas. He made funny faces at first so I didn't think he liked it. Then he screamed when the spoon wasn't in his mouth - meaning: he likes them. He also likes rice cereal (or rather loves it) and sweet potatoes. He's not a fan of the bananas which surprised me. Mr. Food (CAM) eats anything that's left over. LOL. I even picked him up his own baby food bananas at the store today, I had promised since he liked them so much.

2 comments:

john said...

sorry candice, but i had to laugh, this post reminded me of shirly mclain in terms of endearment, at the very beginning of the movie, she goes into her daughters room, and kicks the crib to wake her baby up, just to make sure she is alive. As for relationships, well, all Ill say, with kids in the mix, its hard to be on the same page all the time.

Megan said...

Ciara has started bugging me about putting Lexi in the crib in her room also. I am NOT ready for that. We'll see how long I can hold her off. I don't know how you do it when Mary travels!!! I thought I was going to DIE this week. I had both kids, work all day, and two classes at night. It was HORRIBLE!!! She can never leave again!!!!

Also I am struggling with the balance stuff also. I keep threatening to put a chore chart up for her since I am the one working, doing 95% of the housework and then taking over with the kids when I get home most nights.