Friday, January 9, 2009

I'm Baaaaaack

We arrived home last night just after 7:00 p.m. It was a long day of driving. We had over 10 hours from Richmond, VA. At least this time, we navigated around NYC and it wasn't a high travel time so we didn't hit much traffic.

Mary's off to get a massage (even though I told her I'd just give her one) and get her hair done and Cam is back at school. My sister is here since she had stayed at the house to watch the dogs but of course she's off to the casinos in Connecticut. So it's just me and O.G which is nice.

Anywho, the rest of our vacation was great. After our time in Orlando, we stayed one night with Mary's mom. Mary's family lives about a 1/2 hour from Orlando. That actually worked out good since it was only one night :-) We were also able to meet her dad and some other family member for brunch at "the club" (her dad's country club) during the day.

and later, O.G. was able to meet his great grandfather too

(he was fussy at the end of the visit when we finally thought we should get a pic of him with his grandpas hence the weird location of O.G.)

The next day we headed up the Florida coast to St. Augustine. It's a beautiful Spanish style historic beach town...if that makes any sense. We checked out the sights, had dinner and stayed the night.

we stopped at a beach that you could drive your car not environmentally responsbile but awesome nonetheless

At a fort in St. Augustine...

O.G. loved his first beach experience...especially trying to eat the sand :-)

We then headed up to Savannah, Georgia in hopes there would be no power outages this time. Again, we didn't have much driving so we spent the morning in St. Augustine and took our time heading up to Savannah. We even stopped for boiled peanuts. Yes, boiled peanuts. Mary has been raving about boiled peanuts ever since I've met her but every time we're in the south, we never get any. So we did and well, I thought they were kind of gross. LOL. Mary was in her glory and that's all she ate as her lunch.

Savannah was short and sweet...we walked down beautiful River Street and then had dinner at the Pirate's house. Cam is super into pirates so he loved it. It's also the oldest wooden house in the U.S. so that was cool and the food was yummy.

The next morning I was up and out to wait in line at Paula Deen's restaurant The Lady & Sons. I was the FIRST one in line :-) Needless to say, I had no problem getting a lunch reservation.

fried green tomatoes - SO yummy

Then vacation was over, we got our full bellies into the car and drove the rest of the day to Richmond, stayed the night and headed out the next morning. We drove all day. The time in the car definitely wasn't fun but we did it and both Cam & O.G. did way better than expected.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

sounds like it was a wonderful vacation.

boiled peanuts don't sound that wonderful. do they have any taste to them? LOL